Every years, following the Agreement for Social and Economic Development of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), the Company transfers RUB 500 million to non-profit association the Target Fund for Future Generations of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) for the construction of educational, healthcare, cultural, and sports facilities in the region.
In 2014, the company allocated further 521 million Rubles to the Fund and extended further financing for a range of other republican social projects.
On a holiday in honor of 375th Anniversary of Yakutia`s entry into Russia.
Opening ceremonies at the «Children of Asia» International Games.
Orthodox Church in City of Lensk, one of the 17 built in the region by ALROSA Co Ltd.
Control Room of the B-871 Alrosa submarine in the Black Sea Fleet.
The Ysyakh holiday celebrations in the capital of Yakutia attract thousands of participants.
In one of the villages of the Saurimo province
The Jew`s harp (homus) has been prized by the Yakut for centuries.
Yakut New Year celebrations – Yssyakh
The Regional Development Program covers nine districts of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia): Mirny, Verkhevilyuisk, Olenyok, Anabar, Suntar, Vilyuisk, Lensk, and Nyurba. All have mutual cooperation agreements with ALROSA up to 2021.
By providing financial assistance to the people of Western Yakutia, we help them maintain their agricultural base and traditional way of life. We also organize and sponsor charity events for the children of the uluses (local districts). In addition, the company provides employment for local residents, often at a higher income than they would otherwise enjoy. In all these ways, ALROSA Group makes a significant contribution to improving wellbeing and social stability across the entire diamond mining region.
In 2014, the amount of targeted investments in society amounted to RUB 492 million; the majority of these funds was provided to support local communities in the form of financial assistance for repair and construction of social infrastructure facilities.
Our Financial Support and Sponsorship programme aims to provide targeted financial support and sponsorship to socially important, non-profit projects. These are managed by a corporate collegial body, the Commission for Financial Support, Patronage and Sponsorship. The Commission reviews requests for help from individuals and community groups or other legal entities on a monthly basis.
ALROSA offers corporate assistance to a wide range of children’s institutions. These include:
- Vilyui, Verkhevilyuisk, and Toibokhoi orphanages
- A family and childhood rehabilitation center in Mirny
- A rehabilitation center in Lensk
- The Edelweiss center providing psychological assistance to children with addictive behaviour
- A children’s art school in Mirny
- A center for creative work by children in Aikhal
- Sports schools in Mirny and Lensk
We also assist children’s schools and kindergartens in Mirny, Udachny, Aikhal, Syuldyukar, Taas-Yuryakh, Kempendyai, Zhigansk, Boulun. This includes providing the children with New Year gifts.
Other children’s projects:
- Purchase of equipment for the St. Innokenty, Metropolitan of Moscow, Orthodox Gymnasium in Mirny
- Participation in the Programme ’Mirny District – Benevolent to Children’
- Providing vouchers for children from Western Yakutia for trips to the ALROSA children’s rehabilitation and recreation camps
Science and education
We contribute to the Endowment of the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology
We contribute to endowments and the endowment management funds of the North-Eastern, North Arctic and St. Petersburg Federal Universities
Culture, arts, and sports
- Partnership with Russian Wrestling Federation
- Construction of an orthodox church in Vilyuisk
- Restoration of the bell-tower of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God in Moscow
- Financing the Touoi-Khaya regional pop music festival
- Sponsoring and organizing the 6th Deti Azii (Children of Asia) International Games
- Sponsorship of the Living Diamonds of Yakutia National Park
- Paving and repairing roads in Mirny, Udachny, Lensk, and Aikhal
- Assistance to the ALROSA veteran workers’ associations in 11 cities and towns of Russia
- Sponsorship of the ALROSA submarine Black Sea Fleet
- Construction of a hostel of the Mining Technology College in Khandyga, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
Environmental protection, social infrastructure, non-profit associations and other projects
- Partnership with the non-profit association, Charitable Foundation of Valery Gergiev
- Purchase of medical equipment of the children’s service of the Mirny Central District Hospital