We see social policy as core to our operations. By improving the quality of life of our employees and their families, we have a more efficient workforce. We also protect our own long-term interests by contributing to the sustainable development of the regions where we operate, and the wellbeing of their communities.
We have three key strategic sustainability goals, integrated into our business:
- Helping to maintain the stability of the global diamond market, the national and regional economies, while taking stakeholder expectations and interests fully into account
- Minimizing the negative impact of industry on the environment; rational use of mineral resources; resource conservation; and compliance with international ecology and environmental protection standards
- Taking responsibility for social issues including safety, health, and professional staff development; the social and economic well-being of the population; and supporting local communities and charities
When following these strategies, we follow these principles:
- We maintain a continuous engagement and dialogue with stakeholders
- We seek to Improve our corporate governance to meet and exceed international standards
- We develop and introduce innovative technologies
- We respecting business ethics at all times
As part of our environmental approach, we work to conserve biodiversity in Western Yakutia, our main production area.
We have already allocated over RUB 60 million to establish a protected territory, the Living Diamonds of Yakutia Natural Park. Under our ‘Restoration of Biological Diversity’ program we have introduced populations of beavers, musk oxen and buffalo into Yakutia. We are delighted to report that these animals have now settled in, and are clearly thriving in the environment of the Far North.