ALROSA is the world’s leading diamond mining company, accounting for more than 29% (25% in 2014) of global diamond production in terms of carats ALROSA accounts for 95% of Russia’s overall diamond output.
- In 2015, ALROSA Group’s enterprises produced 30.1 million carats of rough diamonds.
- ALROSA has operations in Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) and Arkhangelsk region. The company operates 11 kimberlite pipes and 16 alluvial deposits.
- Our development strategy is focused on our core business, and we aim to produce over 41 million carats by 2019. The rough diamond production will increase due to current operations and new projects.
- We use the most advanced scientific knowledge and state-of-the art technology available worldwide.
- We build on our unique technological experience of mining in the harsh climate of the Russian Far North.
Our resource base
- ALROSA’s proved and probable reserves total more than 600 million carats - this volume gives us a 30 year heritage.Approximately 65% of ALROSA’s total diamond production (in terms of volume) is composed of gem and near-gem quality diamonds; in terms of value, it is more than 95%.ALROSA has its own advanced exploration complex, allowing us to maintain and expand our proven reserves. The company also has exploration activity in some African regions.
Marketing and sales
- In 2015, ALROSA’s revenue from the sale of rough and polished diamonds was $3.4 billion. Rough diamonds sales totaled 38.3 million carats in 2015, including 19.7 million carats of gem quality stones.
- We have created and are actively developing our own sales system, based on long-term agreements with manufacturers of polished diamonds and jewelry.
- As a core principle of our trade policy, we ensure all customers have equal access to rough diamonds.
- We have sales offices located in the world’s major diamond trading centers of Antwerp, Ramat Gan, Dubai, Hong Kong, New York, and London.
- ALROSA considers partnership with industry's organizations to be very important in the context of exchanging information and increasing market transparency. The company signed Memorandums of Understanding with Antwerp World Diamond Centre (AWDC), Gem Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC), Dubai and Israel Diamond Exchanges (DDE and IDE), Diamond Dealers Club of New York (DDC).