On March 21 the Supervisory Board of ALROSA considered the agenda draft for the Company’s annual meeting of shareholders by distance voting. The Board approved the list of nominees for the new Supervisory Board to be elected at the annual meeting of shareholders.
This is the first time that foreign nationals have run for election as independent non-executive directors. They are Ralf Tavakolian (Tav) Morgan, Partner of Baring Vostok Capital Partners, and Thomas John O’Neill, Board member of Aurum Holdings Limited, Chairman of C&J Clark and ex-CEO of Harry Winston Inc. These candidacies were put forward by Lazard Asset Management that represents minority shareholders of ALROSA.
Altogether there are 22 nominees seeking election to the Supervisory Board:
- Andreev, Fyodor Borisovich, President (CEO) of ALROSA;
- Barsukov, Sergey Vladimirovich, department director, RF Ministry of Finance;
- Brouk, Mikhail Lvovoch, CEO, OJSC “South Yakutia Development Corporation” (as an independent director);
- Budishchev, Victor Victorovich, CEO, OJSC “Yakutia Venture Company” (as an independent director);
- Bulshy, Maxim Yurievich, Deputy Minister of Industry, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Demyanov, Ivan Kirillovich, Vice-President, OJSC ALROSA;
- Dubinin, Sergey Konstantinovich, Chairman of the Supervisory Council, JSC VTB-Bank;
- Zakharov, Dmitry Petrovich, CEO, RIK-Finance (as an independent director);
- Illarionov, Spartak Grigorievich, First Deputy Head, Olenek Evenk Ethnic District, The Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (as an independent director);
- Kondratyeva, Valentina Ilyinichna, CEO, State Autonomous Agency “The Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) Centre for Strategic Research”;
- Kononova, Nadezhda Yegorovna, Deputy CEO, OJSC Republican Investment Company (as an independent director);
- Krylatchanov, Pavel Pavlovich, Deputy Minister of Economy, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Lozhevsky, Igor Arnoldovich, Deputy Head of Deutsche Bank for Eastern Europe (as an independent director);
- Mestnikov, Sergey Vassilievich, First Deputy Minister of Property and Land Relations, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Morgan, Ralf Tavakolian, Partner, Baring Vostok Capital Partners (as an independent director);
- Morozov, Denis Stanislavovich, Director from the Russian Federation, EBRD (as an independent director);
- O’Neill, Thomas John, member of the Board, Aurum Holdings (as an independent director);
- Osipova, Nina Antoninovna, Deputy Minister of Finance of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Safronov, Alexander Dmitrievich, First Vice-Chairman, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) State Committee for Innovations and Science;
- Fedorov, Oleg Romanovich, advisor to Head, Rosimushchestvo (Federal Agency for State Property Management);
- Sharonov, Andrey Vladimirovich, Dean, Moscow School of Management Skolkovo;
- Uzhanov, Ilya Arturovich, current Chairman of the ALROSA Supervisory Board.
The agenda draft of the annual meeting of shareholders includes a number of standard items such as approval of the ALROSA annual report and financials, distribution of profit based on the 2013 results, including payment of dividends, selection of an auditor, elections to the Supervisory Board and the Audit Commission. The agenda will be approved at the next meeting of the Supervisory Board. The date of the annual meeting of shareholders will be scheduled later.