ALROSA’s Annual General Meeting of Shareholders was held on June 28, 2014 in Mirny. The shareholders voted to pay the 2013 year-end dividend–compared to the previous year the dividend grew by 32% up to RUB 1.47 per ordinary share.
Under the updated dividend policy approved in autumn 2013, ALROSA pays as a dividend no less than 35% of the net profit under IFRS that amounted to RUB 31.837 billion based on the results of 2013. ALROSA’s net profit under the Russian Accounting Standards in 2013 amounted to RUB 35.6 billion.
The shareholders voted to pay the 2013 year-end dividend of RUB 10.826 billion, which exceeds the amount of the dividend paid for 2012 (RUB 8.175 billion) by RUB 2.651 billion (32%). The amount of dividend per ordinary share of OJSC ALROSA of 50 kopecks par value is RUB 1.47.
The remaining part of the net profit will be used to finance the Company’s investment programs.
The shareholders elected the following members of the Supervisory Board of OJSC ALROSA:
- Fyodor Borisovich Andreev, President (CEO), OJSC ALROSA;
- Sergey Vladimirovich Barsukov, Director of the Department, Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation;
- Ivan Kirillovich Demyanov, Vice President, OJSC ALROSA;
- Sergey Konstantinovich Dubinin, Chairman of the Supervisory Council, VTB Bank;
- Dmitry Petrovich Zakharov, General Director, LLC RIC-Finance (as an independent director);
- Spartak Grigoryevich Illarionov, First Deputy Head, Olenyok Evenki National District, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (as an independent director);
- Valentina Iliinichna Kondratyeva, Head of State Autonomous Agency Center for Strategic Research of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Nadezhda Egorovna Kononova, Deputy General Director, OJSC Republican Investment Company (as an independent director);
- Igor Arnoldovich Lozhevsky, Vice-Chairman for Eastern Europe, Deutsche Bank AG (as an independent director);
- Sergey Vasilyevich Mestnikov, First Deputy Minister of Property and Land Relations, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Denis Stanislavovich Morozov, Representative of the Russian Federation in the Board of Directors of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (as an independent director);
- Nina Antoninovna Osipova, Deputy Finance Minister, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Oleg Romanovich Fyodorov, Adviser to the Head of the Federal Agency for State Property Management;
- Andrey Vladimirovich Sharonov, Dean of Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO;
- Ilya Arturovich Yuzhanov, Chairman of the Supervisory Board, OJSC ALROSA.
Chairman of the Supervisory Board and members of the committees will be elected at the next meeting of the Supervisory Board of OJSC ALROSA.
The shareholders also elected members of ALROSA’s Auditing Committee. The agenda of the annual meeting also included the items on the amendment to the Company’s Charter, approval of the new versions of the Regulations on the General Meeting of Shareholders of OJSC ALROSA, Regulations on the Supervisory Board, Regulations on the Auditing Committee, and Regulations on Remuneration to Members of the Supervisory Board.